Sunday, October 18, 2015

What is this Blog?

Why Ambrosia?

As a girl, I was in enamored with the stories of the ancient world. I read the stories of the ancient Greeks and learned about their gods, but what really caught my attention was the food of the gods. Ambrosia which is sometimes called the drink of the gods was supposedly the most delicious item in the world. I have always wondered what that would taste like and what feels it would evoke when tasted. After having a love-hate relationship with food for so long due to irritable bowel syndrome, I am currently in search of delicious food that will make my body feel good.

What is IBS?

IBS is a blanket term for digestive issues where there is no permanent damage to the digestive tract but the problem causing the physical symptoms for the individual isn't clearly identified. When my IBS acts up I experience things like hot flashes, sleepiness, nausea, diarrhea (what a terrible word!), bloating, and discomfort. To help control these symptoms, I follow the low-fodmap diet which stands for low in Fermentable Oligo-Di-Monosaccharides and Polyols. More information can be found here!


No comments:

Post a Comment